Holistic Health Services
Michelle Honda is natural health practitioner. People with health concerns seeking natural solutions go to her for professional help. She helps clients with wide varieties of concerns; many generalized types of problems but also many specialized specific ones as well. She is sought after frequently because of her deep and unique educational and professional background in natural health, nutrition, botanical medicine and more.
As a Holistic Doctor. she is best known for her gastrointestinal work with Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis which arose from her master’s thesis on gut disorders, as well as type I & II diabetes which was the focus of her doctorate. Her book, Reverse Gut Diseases Naturally (Crohn’s & Colitis), has brought on additional attention to her expertise and vast knowledge in this area which yields good to great results for persons on this Crohn’s and Colitis natural health program. Follow Michelle at www.facebook.com/newhopeforcrohnsandcolitis.
Appointments & Fees
To some degree, working with a Holistic Doctor is just like working with other health professionals. There is a longer, more detailed and in-depth initial appointment and shorter follow up appointments subsequently. She will make various recommendations for dietary changes and nutritional supplements where food enhancements alone are not enough in order to help you resolve your health concern(s).
- The initial appointment is $155.00 (taxes already included) and is generally 1 hour (sometimes a bit longer, no charge)
- Follow up appointments are $85.00 (taxes already included) and are generally 30 minutes (sometimes a bit longer, no charge), in monthly intervals until your problem is resolved.
- Any recommendations for supplements and remedies are an additional charge.
- For your initial appointment, we will require a written health history and other paperwork to be filled out. So please come to your initial appointment 15 minutes early.
Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)>>> page is very helpful for those considering working with Michelle. To book an appointment, call the clinic at (905) 304-0111 or e-mail us.
How Many Appointments Are Necessary?
Typically, assuming a patient is seeking help with only one or two issues, most clients see Michelle on average for 3-4 appointments over 3-4 months. She will always try to help remedy your situation as quickly as possible. Generally, appointments are scheduled on a monthly interval. The exception may be the first follow up appointment after the initial consultation – two weeks later versus four weeks. Various considerations which might occasionally necessitate this are as follows;
- There is some degree of time or urgency to gain health improvements. Periodically the client’s situation warrants such attention. Factors that influence this are; pain, instability, desire, motivation and timing of trips or other events.
- There are multiple issues (5-7-10 concerns) that need to be addressed. For example someone has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, IBS, acid reflux, anxiety and thyroid issues. In this example, there are simply too many issues to begin addressing in the first appointment.
- The changes and remedies someone needs to make may be too great to start all at once, but it is important that they do.
- Understanding what is required of certain recommendations; Periodically someone just needs some more time and attention to apply the recommendations and further understanding of the same.
Supplements & Remedies
For recommendations Michelle makes, you will be able to pick up some supplements from us as you finish your first appointment. If we do not carry all of the items required, you will be directed to a local health food store.
Depending on your health needs, and for some specialty products which fall under a natural prescription category (practitioner only availability), you may only be able to acquire them through professional practitioners such as Michelle Honda PhD. Professional guidance may be required. Whereas other items may by purchased at any good health food store near you.
Michelle Honda is neither a medical doctor, nor a naturopathic doctor. She is a Doctor of Holistic Health Sciences (PhD, D.Sc.). Many refer to her as Natural Health Doctor as her work is Naturopathic in nature. Payment for service is required at the time of each appointment. OHIP & WSIB will not cover her services. Private health benefits may cover you, but it is your responsibility to determine coverage. If you have a “health spending account” in your coverage which gives you flexibility to choose, this generally covers her services. Check with your benefits company.
Infants, Children & Teens
Working with infants and small children is common – no problem. Bring your “bundle of joy” to the appointments, and she will guide you with solutions.
For teenagers and younger adults; mom – simply accompany your children to and in the appointments. Teens and young adults may have greater difficulty understanding the recommendations and concepts to improving health, whereas you will be the one to make sure they understand it and do what needs to be done.
Long Distance Telephone Appointments
If you are not local to the clinic, Michelle can conduct telephone appointments with you very easily. So if you are anywhere in North America, you can now successfully receive high end, specialized help for your Crohn’s, colitis or other concern. If you are local to the clinic in Hamilton, Toronto or Mississauga Ontario – by all means come in for your appointment. If not, telephone appointments are very popular and convenient. Learn more>>>
Making improvements in health and reversing disease generally requires time and effort, sometimes hard work. In working with Michelle, do not expect to only be given 1 or 2 bottles of pills and expect your problems will go away in a week. Notwithstanding, there are times when some people do notice immediate improvement within the first week. While this depends greatly on what conditions you have, how many issues, to what degree of severity, and duration of said problem – weeks to months for reversal of ailment.
The appointments are spent talking and educating you as to how you got the condition and how to turn things around. We find if someone does not understand why, compliance to facilitate change is low. Therefore anticipate a lot of information to be discussed.
Renew You Holistic Health offers a FREE 15 minute telephone consultation with a Renew You staff person to assess and discuss your particular situation. We are happy to discuss your concern and health history to see if we can help you.